Why am I having now Many To Many?

Hi there! Still experiencing some unwanted relationship results.

I just copied and pasted my dim table along with my two fact table in a blank PBI and is working fine, see below snapshot:

The copy/paste is from these 3 tables below within attached report:

I’m attaching both my working file and the test that is working fine, in case there’s someone here that can understand why the difference between the two, as I really tried but still not understanding why the different behavior.

Inventory Management Control.pbix (2.1 MB)

HereOneToMany.pbix (282.9 KB)

Much appreciated

This is a quessing game? Sure I’ll play one round.
In one file you have a relationship on Material and in the other on Store.

If you need serious support please provide a more accurate description of what you’re struggling with…

Hi @Melissa - not my intention that anyone could have taken as a guessing game.

Not really - within Inventory Management Control there’s actually NO relation ship with the table I meant earlier which is Standard_Cost, see below illustration from the PBIX I just opened from this thread:

What I’ve done was:

• copied entire tables Standard_Cost + MB52_Counting_Basis + Monthly_Inventory
  • pasted them onto a blank PBIX
  • automatically I saw proper OneToMany realationships as shown below:

I mean, how is this even possible? Could it be that my working model (Inventory Management Control) contains some sort of technical bug that is preventing to have the information flowing properly?

I’m going to start my working file from 0 again and see what I come across with.

Thanks a lot for your support.

I see, well the term “copy the entire table” is a bit unlucky by MSFT, if you examine the row count in both files you’ll notice that you’ve only copied the top 1.000 rows from each of those tables…

And it appears your Material key isn’t unique in your dimension table

I hope this is helpful

1 Like

Thank you @Melissa - I managed to find the duplicates (was relying too heavily on the business partner who gave me the dim table). Truly appreciate your support.

1 Like