Which Gateway to use

I cannot figure out which gateway to use.

My PBI application is using data on an Amazon AWS PostgreSql database for which we use ODBC to refresh the data.

There is no data to regularly refresh from files on our own local computers. There are some static files that rarely change but we could refresh from PBI Desktop when necessary.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Paul

Hi @PaulBoyes , link provided below might help you on choosing which data gateway to use :slight_smile: .

Power BI and the On-premises Data Gateway: What is it?

Get started with the Power BI Gateway

What is Power BI Gateway? Do You Need it to Connect to On-Premise Data? Can You Avoid Using One?

Hi,

Thank you for that. However I still have a problem,

I have installed and configured Gateway Standard but PBI Service keeps giving me a message that Gateway Personal is missing and should be installed.

Paul

Hi @PaulBoyes! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!