What to lookout for when data does not have a Sale (in my case invoice) everyday?

Hey all,

Quick question: In the context of a Date Dimension table, most examples Sam mentions a Sale (in my case Invoice) everyday. I don’t have an Invoice occurring everyday. Is this an issue that I don’t have a transaction everyday especially in the context of trying to set a budget? Is there anything major I should be on the lookout for?

If I understand your question correctly, most models probably don’t have a sale everyday. This is why it is a best practice to have a Date Table connected to your model so that you can create the measures you need. Dive into Sam’s training as soon as you can. Also a great tip is when you are in the forum and have a question you are thinking about posting, there is probably someone else who has asked this question. You can do a search at the top right part of the screen. Here is a video from Sam that is a must watch.
http://portal.enterprisedna.co/courses/108877/lectures/2000650

Thanks
Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

Thanks. My question was really asking if there are any specific to look out for when you don’t have a sale everyday of the day?

Not anything specific to look out for, just make sure you have your Date Table setup correctly.

Cheers
Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

cool. thanks all.

Thanks to the contributors of this post. Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved. For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread.