What If Parameter for Selected Row Values

I’m wondering what the best approach is for creating a forecast with manual input using parameters.
I want my user to be able to adjust the forecast for only specific “ProductClassifications” as opposed to all of them. In the below example, I only have 2 ProductClassifications, which i know i could accomplish with 2 parameters. But what if I have 20? Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi @acnyc88. If the forecast for each classification is independent and each needs to be manually adjusted, then you’re out of luck and will need 20 what-if parameters. If you can use a single parameter for multiple (all) classifications, then you’re in luck.

Not the answer you were hoping for I’m sure, but …
Greg

@acnyc88 Looks like all you need to do is create the logic inside IF/SWITCH

IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( ProductClassifications ) IN { “NON-UCAAS”, “UCAAS” }, [Measure] * [Parameter Value], [Measure] )

Yes, I would need different parameter values for each product classification forecast. I figured that would be the case, but worth the ask.

Is there any alternative you can suggest I look into besides what if parameters to accomplish dynamic user input for forecasting?

Hi @acnyc88.

The only other thing I can think of is an Excel spreadsheet (or some other data source; CSV file in SharePoint?) that contains the parameter values,

So, the report would not be fully dynamic, but users would need to adjust and save the Excel spreadsheet, then the Power BI report would need to be refreshed for changes to be visible.

Again, probably not the answer you were hoping for, but …
Greg

1 Like

Hi @acnyc88, did the response provided by @Greg and @AntrikshSharma help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @acnyc88, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 3rd of March. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.