Webservice - API

Hello all

This is my first time with a connection to a WebService (API).
I need to connect to this web Service that will return a JSON:
https://bioforestws.upmuruguay.com.uy/api/harvest/ActivityReport/131

On this I need to setup all the credentials that I cannot share:
Dim authority =
Dim clientId =
Dim clientKey =
Dim scope =

I was looking that maybe the way is in Power Query, into a blank Query and edit into the Advanced Editor. The code I was trying was not successful:

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(“https://bioforestws.upmuruguay.com.uy/api/harvest/ActivityReport/131”,
[
Query = [
authority = “credentials”,
id = “credentials”,
key = “credentials”,
scope = “credentials”
]
]))
in
Source

I apologise if there are a lot of wrong concepts. I am trying to do a connection completely new to me.

Thanks

There are different types of API authentications.

Anonymous - no username, password or API key is required.

Authentication key in request - An API key is required and is passed as part of the URL.

Basic Authentication - a username and/or password is required. Either, or both, can be API keys generated from inside the API system.

OAuth - this is a more complicated authentication process than the others.

Please look into the below blogposts for detailed step by step procedure for each type of API Authentication.

1 Like

Hi @scancela.90, did the response provided by @pranamg help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @scancela.90, we noticed that no response was received from you with regard to our post last Aug 9th.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @scancela.90, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.