Web Source Refresh Issue

Hi @Melissa @BrianJ, others

Can you help me on this. I am trying to refresh a report in Power BI Service that is connected to a Web Source using a Gateway. It is refreshing but not loading any data. Please find my file attached.

Sample File.pbix (28.7 KB)

Thanks
Ankit J

Hi @ankit,

When I follow the link from the Source, I see this notification.
Do you get data?

Hi @Melissa - It is opening for me.

Okay, I am wondering if that could be a regional thing :thinking:
If so, is the region of your Power BI Service the same region where you are?
Another thing I was wondering, have you tried without a gateway - in a dataflow?

Thanks @Melissa - DatFlow is working it seems :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is fantastic that you isolated a refresh issue of a published report, and that the intermediate gateway appears to be a lead contributor to the issue. Please consider that a standing practice of the Community Forum is that we do not call out a member by name when starting a conversation. This discourages other members from participating.

1 Like

Hi @Melissa - Did some further testing. it is only fetching data when I am going inside DataFlow, doing refresh preview and save and close but in subsequent refresh it is not fetching any data.

Thanks
Ankit J

Just to confirm, you are not using a gateway for this dataflow.

Best create a ticket with Microsoft, have them investigate.

I am using gateway, else it won’t refresh. Sure, will check with support. That was the last plan anyways.

Thanks
Ankit J

For the benefit of other forum users, please report back if, a ‘general’ solution is found.

Thanks @ankit

1 Like