Using Power Automate to send emails from PowerBI report

HI esteemed experts,

My report consists of three tables : Jobmaster- containing Project details such as start date, finish date and project manager details; Transactions- containing transactions related to the projects in Jobmaster, including invoices and costs, and Calendar- the date table. The measures used relevant to this topic are as follows:

1. ‘Date of last transaction’: showing last date of transaction for every project
  2. ‘Days since last transaction’: showing the number of days that have lapsed since last transaction for every project
  3. ‘Invoices less costs’- showing the difference between invoiced amount and the cost charged

I want to use Power Automate for two situations:
a) For jobs where ‘invoices less costs’ measure displays negative for any job, I’d like to send an email to the project manager (preferably a single email for a project manager listing his jobs and the negative amount) notifying him to issue more invoices on those projects.

b) For projects where ‘days since last transaction’ has exceeded 30 days, I’d like to send an email to the project manager notifying that there has been no transaction for that job (again preferably one table per manager listing all jobs under him). Also, the email ought to be sent after every 10 days after the 30 days threshold.

I have gone through ’ How To Automatically Send Emails By Linking Power BI And Power Automate’, which is a brilliant tutorial, but I am still confused.

Thanks heaps!

Musa
Calendar.xlsx (431.2 KB)
job transactions.xlsx (10.8 KB)
jobmaster.xlsx (10.7 KB)
jobs data.pbix (184.5 KB)

Hi @musa.fasih, we noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out the course by @henry.habib, Power Automate Masterclass, to see if this was discussed in the course or the same theory discussed can be applied to your scenario.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!

Hey folks,

I just had to share my recent experience with using Power Automate to streamline my email delivery process directly from PowerBI reports. It’s been a game-changer for me, and I thought it might benefit some of you too!

Here’s how I did it:

Set up a Trigger: I started by creating a Power Automate flow with a scheduled trigger, so it runs at specific times to pick up the latest data from my PowerBI report.

Data Extraction: The flow then extracts the required data, which is dynamic and always up-to-date thanks to PowerBI.

Compose Email: Next, I set it to compose an email with the extracted data, beautifully formatted, and ready to send.

Recipients & Schedule: I specify the email recipients and schedule, ensuring the report lands in the right inboxes at the right times.

Automated Delivery: The flow takes care of the rest, automatically delivering the emails as per the schedule.

This process has not only saved me a ton of time but also ensured that my team and clients always receive the freshest insights. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to set up and customize.

So, if you’re looking to supercharge your PowerBI reporting, I highly recommend giving Power Automate a try. It’s a simple yet powerful way to enhance your data communication game. Let me know if you have any questions or if you’d like more details on how to set this up!

Happy reporting! :smile:

Could you show screenshots of your flow activities?