Turn on/off category labels off Scatter Chart

Hi,

Is there any way to turn on / off category labels on a Scatter Bubble Chart default visual in Power BI ?

Please advise?

Thanks
Archer

Hello Archer,

Can you please give more details, show an example maybe with the current behavior and expected result?

Hi Archer,

If you mean the tooltip that arises when hovering over a point in the scatter plot: You can do that via turning off “button information”.

Sample Scatter Label.pbix (1.4 MB)
Hi @alexbadiu, thanks for your response
I am attaching sample PBIX to demonstrate what I am after, Slicer should turn on & off Category Axis Labels on Scatter chart. Is this possible at all ?

Hey @Rens, thanks for your response! I am looking to turn on & off Category labels off Scatter bubble chart with a slicer. I know that using bookmarks with one state category label off and other state category label on I can provide that affect however I have too many bookmarks (~15) already . so it gets messy to maintain hence I am reaching out if there was an easier way to achieve this via DAX dynamically

Thank you Archer. I misunderstood that you wanted to change the “Category labels” and that you wanted to be able to turn them off/on dynamically.

I would try to hide the category labels through conditional formatting, but there is no conditional formatting on Category Labels. I am afraid you request is not possible, but I hope somebody proves me wrong.

However, what I would suggest, if you do not want to use bookmarks, is to just put the labels off and if a user wants to see the labels they can hover over the report and see the detail in the tooltip.

Kind regars,
Rens

@Archer, 15 bookmarks is still ok. With a good grouping of Bookmarks and Selection Items you should be fine. I would personally use them in this specific use case. But I understand the question and the benefits of a different approach.

You could also try to turn off the category labels if you have many data points and use the legend to help you categorize the data by category (you should not have too many categories though). Also, the use of tooltips can provide extra detail. There is also the possibility to use interactions between charts that will naturally filter the data points. In this case a well organized layout is the best approach.

I tried to find an “out of the box” solution using Tabular Editor. If there is a way to turn off/turn on the category labels as you request, my bet is that the solution in using this tool. I didn t find for now a way to do it in Tabular Editor though.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi @Archer, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 7th of January. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!