Transforming a Matrix Table to PBI worksheet using Query

Hello,

I have some excel labels in excel that are filled by customers while sending samples.
I would appreciate if you could guide me on how to covert them in Tabular format.
Cylinder number varies from 5-14 which affect the column number for its appended components for each raw.

Ship Name I IMO No I Engine Make I Engine Model I …
A I X I MAN B&W I 6S50MC

Trust the above is in order and greatly appreciate if you could assist me in this matter.

Thank you and Stay Safe!

SDA Sample submission form_B.xlsx (13.6 KB) SDA Sample submission form_A.xlsx (14.5 KB)

Sams course on unpivoting will help you doing this seamlessly.

Hi @Obydur

We’ve different structures in the excel file.
Can you please share exact output table format how you want to see.

Thanks for posting your question @Obydur. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @Obydur, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 26th of August. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi @Obydur

I just saw this video from Curbal in You Tube about Transpose, Pivot and Unpivot that I think would be really helpful for your inquiry.

Let me know if this help you.

Cheers,

Yeriel

Hi @Obydur, did the response provided by @Yeriel help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get, and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @Obydur, we will be tagging the post as solved due to inactivity. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!