Too many values values error in Map visual

Hello,
I have a map visual that I display state code, Address and City (Location), and the JobName in Legend, number of reports(Size) and the joblocation(Tootltips).
It works fine in Power BI Desktop but gives an error saying too may values in PowerBI service. What needs to be changed so the map visual works fine?

Thank you

@Vsb79

Hello. I remember this problem awhile back. I’ve read where the Microsoft Power BI Team currently states that the columns/axis fields can handle about 2000 fields in reports and dashboards. The maximum amount of rows for calculations is more, but it depends on the visual that you use.

Also, if you go to settings and select “About” what version of Power BI are you using? The current version is 2.104.941.0 64 bit

I hope this helps.

Paul

1 Like

Hi @Vsb79 , did the response provided by @Paul.Gerber help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Thank you Paul. I had to change the address field so it has only the address line. This issue came up as the fields I chose were Address line field (that has the whole address along with city and state) which has the whole address, city and state that was causing the issue. Adding the address line that contatins only the address (without the city and state) solved the issue.

1 Like

I’m glad you got it resolved.