TIP: Selecting the Best Visual for Your Data

All,

In doing prep work for an Enterprise DNA portal course I’m developing, I stumbled on a phenomenal site called From Data to Viz. This site has a great set of tools for helping select the best visual(s) to represent different types of data. Here’s a screenshot of their flowchart, and they provide really detailed information about every visual type listed.

In addition, they have an incredible section on common mistakes that people make in the visualization of data using these different visual types, far more in depth and insightful than many similar analyses I’ve seen.

Definitely worth taking a few minutes to check the site out if you’ve not come across it prior.

– Brian

6 Likes

@BrianJ Thanks a lot for sharing this information. In addition to that, There is another source to look at when selecting the visuals for the report.

5 Likes

Another resource that I find myself going to frequently is provided by sqlbi:

3 Likes

Another great resource https://www.numerro.io/guides/power-bi-visuals-guide

1 Like

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform initiatives to provide varied information. To ask any questions on the content covered in this category please start a new topic within the forum. You may check this how-to guide for reference - How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum