Time Visualization

I’m trying to create a visual similar to the one below. Given a start time and an end time for each person that does a task, what is a visual I can get from the marketplace to help me accomplish a similar visual below:

x axis - time (12am, 1am, 2am …11pm)
y axis - person name
The bar should represent min start time to max end time. Trying to do this is the hardest part (was thinking maybe data bars on matrix chart)

Sample visual - http://www.healthdataviz.com/gallery-or-and-block-time-use/

You could do this either way. I would suggest using data bars first. You may even change it up a bit and put the Time on the Y axis, and the Name on the X axis.

Cheers
Jarrett

Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

Thanks Jarrett. Would you know how I can get data bars on a range of time slots.

Hence, if someone started a task at 2pm and ended at 5pm … min start time would be 2pm and max end time would be 5pm …

how could I show data bars on 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm?

Yes, that will be tough to do with data bars. Matrix may be the easier way to get this accomplished in the shortest amount of time.

Thanks
Jarrett

Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

Hi avalon.ds,

have you tried the gantt chart visuals which are available on the power bi marketplace?

Regards,
Michael

Great suggestion. I actually did try that. The issue was that the gantt chart only looks at date values and not time values.

Thanks!