Three matrix/table layers on the same data

I have built a dashboard showing an account statement of a company.

I have three visuals:

1. Account Statement – a matrix of a company’s financial transactions by account number (rows) and month (columns)
  2. Detailed Transaction List – a table of all transactions
  3. Journal Entry Transaction – a table of journal entries

The idea is that the user first selects an account in the matrix (1). Then all transactions on that account is shown in table 2. Then the user selects a row in table 2 to see the debit/credit of that journal entry in table 3.

The only way I have been able to solve this is by loading the same data twice in two separate tables and creating a many-to-many relation between these. My table 2 and 3 are essentially identical, but each using their separate (identical) fact tables. Table 2 uses Fact Table and table 3 uses Fact Table Copy.

I am hoping someone can help with a solution where the data is only loaded once.

How do I solve this using the same fact table for both table 2 and 3?

Account_statement.pbix (118.1 KB)
100.xlsx (10.7 KB)
105.xlsx (11.2 KB)
20000.xlsx (12.2 KB)

bumping this post

Hi @jens,

We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out our tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done.

Due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved.

For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. Please feel free to reopen this thread if anyone would like to answer the pending inquiry above.

Thank you!