Though I had it, but not yet

I have a very simple BI model and measure, and can’t for the life of me determine if the issue is my model or the way use put the measure together. I had this working at one point but I’m afraid it may have been dumb luck so I went back to the basics. The issue is this.

I have two visuals,
1 - select the serial number
2 display the related Service order numbers in the adjacent visual
Works as expected.

Now add the measure I created and show the aggregate parts cost. this is pulled from the second fact table called Parts Cost. Every time I add the measure, all the serial numbers get displayed versus the one I have selected in the first visual. My model is using the serial number as the primary key. I have included my the pbix file. What am I over looking?

Equipment Service history 3.pbix (296.0 KB)

@lomorris,

Does this get you the results you’re looking for?

If so, it was just a matter of using the correct fields in the table visual that followed the relationship paths from your data model.

I hope this is helpful. Solution file attached.

-Brian
Equipment Service history 3 solution.pbix (287.2 KB)

Hi @lomorris, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Brian, after reviewing what the info you provide about my model, I went back and rethought the data I was pulling over from Nav. I was able to build out a new data set and follow the filters correctly as well as use the Calculate function to build out my Measures. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

@lomorris,

:+1:. Great – glad to hear that was helpful, and that you’ve got the rest of the model and measures working well.

• Brian