Testing My Data Model

Hi, per the image below, this is my data model.

Logically, with my Matrix table, Matl Group in my Rows, I can add a two SUM values from my SOH table; [Value] and [WGT]. All good. But when I create the same measure for [Demand] from my Proposed Table, I get nothing. Blanks. Yet, looking at the data model I’ve constructed, all should be ok. So I’m curious, why would my Demand measure be displaying nothing? Thanks.

Matrix Table

Hello @Dplex, and thank you for starting a conversation on the Community Forum.

While your description is compelling, the image of the model and relationships is most
appreciated, adding your work-in-progress Power BI Desktop file as a data file in Excel format
will allow members of the Forum to assess the state. Also, as the reader is not familiar with your
line of business, would you please expand on the scenarios and interworkings of your model, as well
add your measures to the description, and visually show your desired results.

Hi ystromna, thanks for your feedback. You are correct, so I’ve decided to create a mock copy of the data files to post here for discussion. In this instance though, I discovered date discrepancies between my problem table and the other tables resulting in NULL values. I also was able to access another data set which I connected instead of the existing one which significantly improved results. But moving forward, will try to upload a demo file here. Cheers.

2 Likes

That is great that having a second look at the model allowed you to identify discrepancies that caused NULLS, and that you were able to significantly improve results using a different dataset. Sometimes just visiting the well is enough to quench your thirst. Take care, and see you soon.

1 Like