Sync drillthrough over multiple charts with same hierarchy

Hi everyone,

I need your brilliant brains to help me find a solution to my problem.

I have 2 column charts, one is showing only revenue by product hierarchy, the other shows quantity sold and revenue by product hierarchy.

What I want to achieve

I would like to drillthrough the product hierarchy simultaneously on both charts. Or in other words: If I drillthrough on the first chart to product subcategory, I want the second chart to drillthrough as well.

The immediate result should therefore look like this:

Is this even possible?

Please find an example dataset attached.

Thanks,
Sabine

Hierarchy_drillthrough.pbix (299.8 KB)

Hi @Sabine,

For me, drill through in two or more visuals simultaneously is not available in Power BI for now.
I know you can change filtering and interactions between different visuals, but you can’t drill through simultaneously.

Maybe someone else knows a trick I’m not aware of, but I’m not sure.

Best regards,
JBocher

Looking at your screenshots, I think this trick from Havens Consulting might work best.

He leveraged bookmarks and buttons to change the hierarchy levels for the charts on the page

2 Likes

@Sabine Drill Through or Drill Down?

@Sabine ,

@Heather beat me to it, but I was going to suggest basically the same thing – every time I run into a situation that technically Power BI can’t do, I find there’s a way to fake it given how powerful and flexible the functionality of bookmarks, page navigation and buttons has become.

Here’s a similar situation where someone was trying to slice via measure, and while that’s not possible either the same effect was achieved via page navigation and hidden pages:

I hope this is helpful.

– Brian

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help. Bookmarks for multiple levels of drilldown seem a bit cumbersome to me.

I hope in a future update it will be possible.

Sabine

Hi @Sabine , did the response provided by the users above help you solve your query?

If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further?

If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.