SWITCH(TRUE() Error

I create a column formatted as a text column and still receive this error message:

“DAX comparison operations do not support comparing values of type True/False with values of type Text. Consider using the VALUE or FORMAT function to convert one of the values.”

I am using the following:

Custom Asset Class = SWITCH(
        TRUE(),
        Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Vendor] = " ", "Other",
        Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Type] = "Dividend", "Equity",
        Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Type] = "Interest" || "Interest Reinvestment", "Fixed Income",
        Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Vendor] = "Benefits Payment" || "Nationwide" || "Lincoln Financial", "Guaranteed",
        Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Type] = "Deposit" & Actuals[Vendor] <> " ", "Real Estate",
        "Other")

The only thing I have found is that I might be using a different format than the columns I am referencing but I don’t believe I am?

Thanks for any help on this!

@jsailar,

More than like you are going to have to combine vendor and type on the same line in order to get the correct result. Please post a sample PBIX whenever posting questions on the forum. This will ensure that you get a quick response to your question. If you are trying to form a measure you will need something like SELECTEDVALUE before Actuals[Item].

Thanks
Jarrett

Hi @jsailar,

Please try below: You are not mentioning column names I believe in OR statements and that is why you are getting error.

Custom Asset Class = SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Vendor] = " ", "Other",
    Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Type] = "Dividend", "Equity",
    Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Type] = "Interest" || Actuals[Type] = "Interest Reinvestment", "Fixed Income",
    Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Vendor] = "Benefits Payment" || Actuals[Vendor] = "Nationwide" || Actuals[Vendor] = "Lincoln Financial", "Guaranteed",
    Actuals[Item] = "Income" && Actuals[Type] = "Deposit" && Actuals[Vendor] <> " ", "Real Estate",
    "Other")
3 Likes

That was it. Thank you so much!

Have an awesome day!