Sorting short date

Hello Once again EDNA - Needed help with sorting short date…or short weekending date, which is Sundays.

I have to use short date because visual will not display full date…it only shows month and year see pic of bottom chart.

the challenge with top chart is that the short date is not sorted properly. I’ve worked on this for two days and still have nothing.

again because bottom visual will not display full date, I have to use short date, but it’s not sorting correctly…it’s sorting by the value.

any help would be appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Frankee
SamplePBI.pbix (228.9 KB)

Hello @Frankee

Please find the image below.

The .pbix file with sorted visualization is attached for your reference.

Regards
Kumail Raza
SamplePBI.pbix (229.8 KB)

Kumail - thank you for looking at this. looks like that worked. I sorted it by ascending order. If I increase the date slicer to include 1/16/2022…it sends those dates to the left end when expected on the right after 12/26.

can you review once again, please ?

Hello @Frankee

The .pbix file is attached for your reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_CR2hLxU9LSUlu2uQzN2zIP_UyqIxkM/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kumail Raza

Kumail - appreciate the help. I see how the index and filter were used…awesome. This worked perfectly.

GRACIAS!!

FRANKEE.

1 Like

Kumail - I figured out how you changed the calendar index column to whole number as in the pic below…but the icon symbol does not change to summation. I believe that this is what’s preventing me from adding the index column into my “tooltips” for sorting.

here’s your updated version from sample power bi

can you provide some kind of tip?

@Frankee and @Kumail

AFAIK, Index solution will work only when we have unique weekending’s in selected years.
If we have same weekending’s in selected years this will not work. Please check

@Frankee

Another approach is create year from endofweek and add year to x-axis.

SamplePBI.pbix (230.9 KB)

Rajesh, sorry for the late reply. thank you for the help. I see how it worked in this sample model provided. for the last few hours…I still am unable to get this to work on my actual model. I don’t have any real questions for you at the moment. again I appreciate your help. I’ll reach out once I can ask a good question.