Slicer Output Message

Is it possible to output a message using the following format, based upon a user’s selection from a week ending date (week ends on the Friday) slicer? This message to be added to a card visual.

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

HI @Kazza

While waiting for other members to jump in, I suggest using the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member. Thanks!

Thank you for bumping my post I appreciate it. I have looked and unfortunately there’s nothing related to my output requirements. Dates present a bit more of a challenge compared to a text output.

Hi @Kazza ,

Thank you for the update. knowing this, do you require further assistance from our community?

If so, what kind of help do you need further?

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

I believe I still need help to solve my slicer output problem. I’m hoping it is still possible?

Selected WeekEnding = CONCATENATEX(
VALUES(Dates[WeekEnding])
,Dates[WeekEnding]
,“,”)

Something like this?

Hi @DavieJoe, thanks very much for looking into this for me. I believe it’s a little bit more complex than that. It requires the ability to identify whole months and differentiate this from just single selected week ending dates.
I have attached my rather crude solution which only partially solves the problem because I don’t know how to place the selections in an Array/Table and have the ability to format it in there using DAX.
I hope my explanation within the PBIX helps move closer to a solution.
Slicer Output.pbix (128.4 KB)

Hi @Kazza

Yep, that was more checking what sort of result you want to see, I am having an issue with the hierarchy element of it. Interesting problem.

I will keep working on it.

Yes it’s a very good challenge hence why I really wanted to see how someone with good DAX skills would solve it.
Appreciate your support!

Hi @Kazza

Due to inactivity and the length of time that this thread is open, we’d like to conclude that your inquiry was out of the expert’s and users’ bounds.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done.

In light of this, we will be closing this thread, but we invite you to start a new thread with updated details so that our experts can better assist you.

Thank you for being a part of our community, and we hope you find the help you need.