Department|Users
Depart_A | 91
Depart_B | 72
Depart_C | 68
Depart_E | 65
Depart_F | 1
Depart_G | 3
Depart_H | 2

I need a “Users” slicer where (similar to when slicing with a Date), I can slice for values greater than “n”. When I try to drag my Users measure onto a slicer visual, it simply adds up all my users.

I must be missing something very obvious. Could someone please provide me with some pointers?

Hi @michellepace.

Do you mean like this?

If so, just drag the [Users] column onto the canvas, make it a slicer, then choose [Greater than or equal to] from the drop-down in the upper-right corner of the slicer.

Hope this helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Slice by Count.pbix (17.0 KB)

Thanks for posting your question @michellepace. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @michellepace, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 11th of October. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi Greg,

That is exactly what I need except my Users is a Dax measure… is it possible to filter by a Dax measure?

Hi @michellepace. AFAIK you can’t slice by a measure in Power BI at this time, unfortunately. You can, however, generate your own “lookup” table with your own values of interest by creating a new parameter using the “What If” option built-in to Power BI. For example,

You could then create a measure (say [Total Users]) and use the measure auto-generated by the use of the “What if” parameter dialog like

Total Users = 
CALCULATE( SUM( Users[Users] ),
    FILTER( Users, Users[Users] >= [User Counts Value] ) )

Hope this helps.
Greg
eDNA Forum - Slice by Count v2.pbix (18.9 KB)

Thanks very much Greg, I would have never thought of this!