Share visual with user

Hi all,

This is my first time dealing with sharing visuals so I would greatly appreciate your help.

I need to share a visual located in one of my reports, published on My Workspace. My colleague has no access to this peport. Note that sharing will be through Dymanics 365 where a Power BI tile is embedded (through a Power BI Dashboard).

Any bright ideas or workarounds?

If they have no access and the data is confidential then either Save as PDF or screen grab?

1 Like

I saved a copy of the report in an another workspace he has access to and pinned the visual to a new dashboard. Then, added the tile yet he cannot view (while I can :frowning: )

does he have permission on the workspace, or only on reports within the workspace?
because if he does not have permission on the workspace itself, you will still need to share the report with him.

1 Like

He is a member of that Team.
Added him as a Dashboard owner, but didn’t help.

You don’t need to give him the Dashboard owner, just give him read and/or Reshare access. Also make sure he has access to Power BI since it is a 365 product.

1 Like

I sadly found out that a Power BI Pro account is necessary to do that…
Will have to prepare a workaround with public link.
Thank you all for your time.

Hello @Thimios. Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’.

We also request you to kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey,We hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!