Share Report with many Clients

Hi,
I hope you can help me.

My organisation has many clients.
Each client has his own database (the same structure).
We would like to create a few reports and share the reports with them.
In the future, if a report will change, instead of changing for example 50 files (50 clients), we would like to change only one.

What is the best solution for this?

I was thinking about 2 solutions.

1. Merge all databases into one and use RLS - but this is very risky
  2. Solution is:
    Create a report in Power BI desktop and use parameters (hostname and database).
    Create a separate workspace for each client and export the report
    Set the parameters for each client.
    Share the workspace with another organisation (client)

The problem is, each time when I change and upload the report I have to set parameters for each client again.

Any suggestions?

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hi @gladyce15 - Is it possible to create a centralized Data Repository i.e. Create a single Source of truth and combine data from all the clients.

Then this combined data can be loaded into the single report and access to data can be maintained using RLS.

Thanks
Ankit J

Thank you, but I mentioned about this

“1. Merge all databases into one and use RLS - but this is very risky”

Hi @gladyce15 - I can also think of these two options only that you have already mentioned.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hi @gladyce15,

We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.
Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!