Segmentation On Totals as opposed to columns

Hi,

I seem to have run into a minor issue. I am trying to segment total client revenue into revenue bands based on the overall total column as opposed to either ASF or PMF.

In the second screen shot, it segments it by PMF not by the overall total. Thinking maybe i will need to use a summarize function? Not looking for the solution but maybe an existing video or tutorial so I can try to solve myself first.

Measure:

Revenue = 
CALCULATE (
    [Net OGS Fees],
    FILTER (
        VALUES ( 'CommPay Filtered'[Master Entity] ),
        COUNTROWS (
            FILTER (
                'Revenue Segmentation',
                [Net OGS Fees] >= MIN ( 'Revenue Segmentation'[Low] )
                    && [Net OGS Fees] <= MAX ( 'Revenue Segmentation'[High] )
           )
        )
    ))

Thanks

@adsa ,

I know you didn’t want a solution, so just check out any of @sam.mckay’s Dynamic Segmentation videos and compare to your measure. I think you’ll find the problem is centered here, since as written the filter condition is incomplete by not syntactically wrong, so it’s not throwing an error:

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian
1 Like

@BrianJ I will have a look now and come back to you.

Thanks

@BrianJ After having spent time going through most of the videos, the only thing missing was:

However the issue still remains unfortunately.

@BrianJ After much playing around the only method i found that works is to write a measure each for ASF/PMF/Risk Trail & Total.

Using the above measure, I just filter the visual to not show any blanks. This worked. Would be open to any other ‘Elegant’ solutions.

Hi @adsa, you mentioned above that you found a solution that worked for your query.

Kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query so that other users can benefit from it. Thanks!