Security with Apps and Reports

Does App level permissions override report level permissions? Can they be used together? Let me give you an example. I want to create an App that can be shared with a lot of users. However, I want some users of that application to only have access to Report #1 in that App and the other users of the application to have access to Report #1 and Report #2 in that app. How can permissions be set up for the App or Report to accomplish that goal?

if you give a user access to an app, they have access to all reports in that app.

I believe this is the best way to accomplish what you are asking:

• For users that need only Report 1 - give them access to the REPORT (not the App)
  • For users that need both reports - give them access to the APP (no need to assign them to the Report)

You could test using row-level security - setting those users that should not have the report up with access to nothing - but they woudl still get the report (it would just be blank, not a great end-user experience)

Hi @FrankPowerBI, did the response provided by @Heather help solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @FrankPowerBI, it’s been a while since we got a response from you. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.