RLS giving fill access to users for different reports

Hello,

I have an email group for Managers from different companies that I am setting up dashboards for. I have tied the managers to the reports that I create for just their companies. I only have one email security group irrespective of the companies they are in. When I test their permissions for their reports , I can see that they can only see what I have permitted them to see. Their users ID’s are tied to the company that they are working on.

However, since they have the same email group, when I share it with all of them, managers from other companies can view dashboards of different companies with no limitations which they should not be allowed to. Can somebody please tell me how somebody from Company A and view everything from the dashboard created for Company B? Isn’t it supposed to show restricted data instead?

Hi @supergallagher25

Please share pbix file with sample data.
Did you create any roles in Desktop ?

Here is the link to get some idea on RLS

Thanks for posting your question @supergallagher25. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @supergallagher25, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 11th of September. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!