RLS and different currencies for diff users

Hi Guys

We have a sales team where some reps sell in sterling and some in Euro.
I have a report about to be rolled out to test with some reps in both currencies.

I will use RLS to make sure they only see their data.

One thing I forgot to consider though was currency. I want them to see the exact same report, pulling from the exact same data but to see it in their own currency.

We use a fixed rate of conversion between these currencies internally if that helps. I have some Euro measures in the main dataset which are for example Euro Sales = [total sales] * 1.18

Any help greatly appreciated. Going to test tomorrow with small group so i can run it all sterling for now but would love to get it sorted beforehand if possible.

perhaps I just need to F12 the current report, rename EURO and adjust the measures in all visuals. I can do that, just wondered if there is a better way so that I don’t have two reports to change going forward with updates.

thanks
jonny

Hi @jonbar123,

Have a look to below video by Alberto from sqlbi.com. Hope this will help you.

thanks for this.

I can see the bones of a solution here.

any further thoughts on how to apply this to my context?

essentially i have a rep name lookup table which contains

Rep code (this is common to the sales table)
Rep name
Currency (Euro/Sterling)
Team
Manager
etc

The RLS is using the rep name with roles to only show their own data.
Can i use a calculation group to selectively adjust some but not all measures so that if Euro they multiply by 1.18 (our conv rate). I say not all, as Total Qnty Items would not need to change regardless of the rep.
thanks

Hi @jonbar123. A work-in-progress PBIX (with sanitized data, if necessary) and a mockup of your desired outcome would make forum analysis easier. For example, from your first post, my take-away was that you had a single conversion for the whole report; your second post led me to believe the currency conversion is actually needed at the rep level. Perhaps you could create a small sample to clarify.
Greg

Thanks for posting your question @jonbar123. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @jonbar123 , I ask you to see the link below I think it solves your problem or can give you an idea of ​​a resolution.

Hi @jonbar123, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 16th of October. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi @jonbar123, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!