Returning value of specific date with DAX measure

Dear all,

I would like to show value at specific date/period. My fiscal year is from July to June, I would like to show last year end month and value with any date/period I selected. For instance, no matter which month I selected during FY24, the last year end month always shows June 2023. For the last year end month, I used the following DAX, and it worked.

However, I also would like to show the value for last year end month, e.g. sales of last year end month without having the impact of my date filter.

Can anybody help me with the DAX? I tried calculate and filter, but date doesn’t allow me to have a date measure, only allow a date with text.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi all , thank you very much for getting back to me. Unfortunately it didn’t work on my end, maybe I did something wrong with my DAX. Here I have attached the PBI file for you to show me the exact DAX if it’s possible.
Here is my sales table.

The end result I would like to get is, for instance, in my PBI file, if I select my year as 2024 and month as August, the last year end date is always June 2023. Now I have the total sales of the month I have selected as August sales. I would like to add another card measure showing last year end month sales, which is June 2023 sales when I select 2024 August as my reporting period.

Hope I explain what I need well. Thanks in advance.
Return value where specific date is a measure.pbix (91.8 KB)

If I understand your question correctly, what you’re hoping to achieve could be handled more effectively by leveraging your date table and including the last year end month as a column in that table.