Returning Customer Within 12 Days

Hi
I want a count of customers who returned or re-purchase a product within 12 days of first purchase within the displayed period. I have read through the various articles on site and I can do a return of new and returning customers but not within a number of days.
I also read this article - https://www.daxpatterns.com/new-and-returning-customers/ but a bit different from my requirement in that I am to count only where a customer is re-purchasing within 12 days upon first purchase. I have attached a file.
Thank you
Returnning_Customer.pbix (219.1 KB)

Hello @upwardD,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Here’s the formula that you can use it in your analysis -

Returning Customers = 
VAR
	CustomersList = VALUES( Sales[Customer] )
VAR
	ChurnDate = 12
RETURN
COUNTROWS(
	FILTER(
		CustomersList,
		CALCULATE( COUNTROWS( Sales ), 
			FILTER( ALLSELECTED( Dates ), 
				Dates[Date] >  ( MIN( Dates[Date] ) - ChurnDate ) && 
                Dates[Date] < MIN( Dates[Date] ) ) ) = 0 ) )
//evaluating how many customers have returned if no sale in last 12 days

Result

I’m also attaching the working of the PBIX file for the reference as well as providing few of the links of the videos available onto our YouTube channel as well as from our education portal. Also for more videos related to similar topics please check out the education portal,

Hoping this helps you and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please Note: The grand total that you’re seeing is regarding the overall numbers of customers that have returned during this period and it’s not the summation of totals for each month.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Returnning_Customer - Harsh.pbix (220.7 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @Harsh, thank you so very much!

Hello @upwardD,

You’re Welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad that I was able to assist you.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh