Retrieve the state of the Bookmark Navigator

Hello everyone,
I have a page where there is a button to clear the filters using a Bookmark called ClearFilters and a Bookmark group called Group Objects that contains two Bookmarks, one to show a visual by customer and another to show a visual by date.
I do not know if it is possible that when cleaning the filters, the Bookmark Navigator state is saved, that is, if in the initial state the object is being displayed by client, the value of the Bookmark Navigator is changed, if before we were seeing the object by date.

I share the example pbix file.
UBG To Power BI_JAFP.pbix (367.5 KB)

Regards,

Hello @jafernandezpuga,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

So are you trying you suggest that - When you click onto the “Clear Fliters” option/button. Only slicers should reset but the category of the visual should remain the same.

That is, if you’re viewing the results “By Date” and when you click onto the clear filters button the visual should NOT reset back to the “By Customers” which is currently happening right now.

Well, in that case, you can just un-check the option of Display. Below is the screenshot provided for the reference -

Now, when you clear or reset the filters, it’ll just reset the slicers thereby retaining the current state of the visual i.e., if you’re analyzing the analysis based on “By Date” category, it’ll not take back you to the “By Customers” analysis, which was happening earlier.

I’m also attaching the working of the PBIX file for the reference purposes.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

UBG To Power BI_JAFP - Harsh.pbix (367.3 KB)

Hi @Harsh,
Thank you very much for the reply.
In the example that I have shared, everything is working fine except that when the filters are cleared, the visual object by Customer is shown as it should be, but if we were seeing the object by Date and the Bookmark Navigator has the Bookmark By Date selected , it does not change to the Bookmark by Customer, even though the visual that is displayed is by Customer.
In other words, the initial state of the Bookmark Navigator is by Customer and after cleaning the filters it does not return to this state, it remains By Date and we are showing the visual object by customer.

Regards,

Hi @jafernandezpuga. Just a thought (currently on mobile, so can’t check in Power BI …): how about using 2 different “Clear Filters” bookmarks (1 for Bookmark by Date, 1 for Bookmark by Customer) and only showing the button to activate the applicable one?
Greg

1 Like

Hello @jafernandezpuga,

So you’re suggesting that - When you select the “Clear Filter” option, the visual is getting re-instated into it’s original state but the color of the “Bookmark Navigator” stays onto the “By Date” rather than moving onto the “By Customers” (which is the by default original page).

I guess, this option is not available right now, with the current “Bookmark Navigator”. And therefore, we’ll be required to add individual buttons which changes based on the bookmark selection. So when, you choose the option of “Reset Filters”, correct tab of the “Bookmark Navigator” is highlighted.

Below is the screenshot of the “Selection Pane” as well as “Bookmarks Pane” provided for the reference -

I’m also attaching the working of the PBIX file for the reference purposes so that you can review the “Bookmarks” steps.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’ve been looking for.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

UBG To Power BI_JAFP - Harsh v2.pbix (369.2 KB)

3 Likes

Hi @Harsh,
Thank you very much for the proposed solution. I have tested it and it works perfectly.
Very effective and professional as always.

Regards,

2 Likes

Hi @Greg,
Thank you very much for the reply. I followed the solution proposed by @Harsh by creating individual buttons instead of using the Bookmark Navigator.

Regards,

1 Like

Hello @jafernandezpuga,

You’re Welcome!! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad that we were able to assist you.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like