Resolve Scale Independent... but only for one layer?

Is it possible, if I have a chart with several layers, to make the y-axis for only one of those layers to scale independently from the rest but leave the others with a shared scale? I have a several layers of bars that I want scaled the same, but I have one line that needs to have its own y-axis scale. If I use

"resolve": {"scale": {"y": "independent"}}

the bar marks all become independent of each other and don’t keep the same relative scaling that they need.

A quick explanation of what you are seeing in the screenshots below:

• The green bars and dark blue bar are the same layer with conditional logic going on in the code to make the last year show in blue instead of green.

• The light blue and gray bars are each separate layers/marks which is what is causing this issue since I need them to share the same y-axis scaling as the other bars.

P.S. I know a PBIX file would help. I will try to work on that, but it’s going to take a while to scrub the data and get rid of a bunch of extraneous other elements. In the meantime, any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi @Dave. AFAIK, scales are either fully dependent (the default) or fully independent (as you noted with the Y-axis, “resolve”: {“scale”: {“y”: “independent”}}). I’m not clear on what you’re going for; as this is a simple graphic, could you create a mockup screenshot (from, say, PowerPoint) of your desired outcome, then review again once your sample PBIX and data are available.
Greg

Hello @DaveC

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Hi @DaveC,

We’ve noticed that no response was received from you on the post above.

Just following up if you still require assistance to solve your inquiry.

In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.