Refresh Issue Due to Other User's Dataflows/Credentials

Hi everyone. Have a interesting scenario that I’m curious if anyone has come across…

I have reports in a workspace that are referencing dataflows in other workspaces created by coworkers. It seems that in order for my reports to refresh successfully, I’m required to have the person who owns the dataflows as an Admin in my workspace. The error I’m getting is a “DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAcessError”.

Does anyone know if the person who owns the dataflow has be Admin in the workspace where they’re used? If so, is there a work around?

**Modifying this to say that I don’t believe it’s dataflow specific. I actually created a test report and added a dataflow from another user who is not Admin or even associated with my workspace and that Test report worked fine. There’s something tied to this other user that’s preventing my reports from refreshing. I’ve exhausted all ideas on my end and may need to reach out to Microsoft. Just wanted to check in here first for ideas.

Thank you!
Daniel

1 Like

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

@daniel.new It is not necessary for the owner of the dataflows to be an Admin in your workspace for your reports to refresh successfully. As you mentioned, you were able to add a dataflow from another user who is not an Admin or associated with your workspace and it worked fine.

The error message you are receiving “DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAcessError” typically indicates an issue with accessing or authenticating to the data source. This error can occur due to a variety of reasons, including incorrect credentials, firewall or network issues, or invalid configuration settings.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the credentials: Ensure that you have the correct credentials to access the data source. Also, make sure that the credentials are still valid.

Check the data source configuration: Verify that the data source is properly configured and accessible.

Check the network connectivity: Ensure that you have network connectivity to the data source.

Check the gateway configuration: If you are using a gateway, make sure that it is properly configured and running.

Refresh the data source manually: Try refreshing the data source manually from the Power BI service to see if it resolves the issue.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may want to reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance.

1 Like

Hello @daniel.new

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

I believe the response pointed me in a good direction. It’s still an ongoing issue that I’m working through with my Development Team. As suggested - I may need to reach out to MSFT. I will mark the post as the Solution. Thank you!