Refresh error in Power bi Service

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help with the below error I am receiving in the service? It does say it is a timeout error but only loads for approx. 15 mins before error occurs.

Hi @Nurry90

Looking at the error message it seems related to SQL query Timeout. In Power Bi, by default query timeout for SQL query is around 10 minutes or 60 minutes (some document mentions 10 and some 60).

if any of your query is taking more time to load ,the refresh will fail. We can manually increase Timeout minutes for a query using Advanced option as shown below.

Try increasing Timeout and check if it resolves your issue. If issue is still not resolved, then raise a support Ticket with Power BI team at below link. They will check Web traces and help with resolution.

Thanks
Ankit J

3 Likes

Hi @NUrry90, did the response provided by @ankit help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your feedback. I will try this. However, a simple refresh of my browser and SQL database fixed this.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like