Refresh - DataSource error "duplicate" value

I get the regular error for when there is a duplicate in a column when used in a many-to-one relationship.

However… i am 100% certain that the duplicate they call out is not a duplicate. I’ve validated this in PowerQ as well as check the SQL DB i am pulling from.

This report refreshes 4 times a day, 5 days a week. The report will schedule refresh 2 or 3 days in a row with no issue then the error will appear and it won’t refresh again. Then i go back to the PBX manually refresh and i never see the duplicate error, then i repost the file and it will work again for 2-3 days.

Now this report does have incremental refresh set. Are there any know issues or suggestions? Just for the heck of it I’ve capitalized, trimed and removed duplicates on this column. And i still get the error…

Hi @chad.sharpe,

Is it possible that a number/character looks the same that someone has keyed it wrong. IE O and 0.

Do you have a different versions of the data file? Just to see if you can compare them. Does it happen on the same day or time of the week?

Maybe you need delete the workflow and recreate it?

Maybe you need to log the issue with Microsoft?

Those are some the suggestion that I would try.

Thanks
Keith

1 Like

I’m going to keep an eye out for the next date/time to see if i notice anything odd…

I’ve done all the other items except submit a ticket to MS. Which I think I’m going to do the next time it happens.

This is the only report that uses Incremental Refresh and the only one where this issue happens. I’m convinced it’s something to do with incremental refresh, but I can’t exactly pin point or explain it.