RangeEnd - Incremental refresh

Hi All,

Hoping this is an easy fix. I have a rangestart and rangeend set up for my incremental refresh to work. I also have a simple query list.max(Sales Info[LoadDate]) query to influence my date table. I want this max load date to be my ‘current date’ in my date table as all of my offset m codes are based on my ‘current date’.

The problem I need to figure out is how to have a dynamic RangeEnd? The original RangeEnd parameter I had was 23/08/2021, which once I loaded to the Service becomes void and data comes through as normal. However, as my offsets are based on the “current date” which is 23/08/2021 (RangeEnd parameter) my offsets are not updating. I cannot convert my RangeEnd parameter to = my Lade Date query as this forms a cyclic error.

Anyone have any thoughts?
EnterpriseDNAquery1309.pbix (2.7 MB)

Hi,

Have you checked this video let me know if this help you .

Thanks,
Anurag

Hi Anurag,

This can’t help me. I need help with the parameters not detecting data changes. I also only have one date/time column so cannot use detect data change.

Hi,

Can you provide me the source file so i can setup incremental refresh .
I think incremental refresh is not setup properly because it should automatically pick the latest .
And on refresh fire it the query using those parameter.

You can check below video:

If it does not help you pls let me know and share your source excel so i will try to help you.

Thanks,
Anurag

Hi Anurag,

Sorry but I cannot provide the source file as there is too much sensitive data. I attached a mock file to my original file, can you use that to check?

Hi @Nurry90, providing a masked PBIX file will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

Here are some videos that may help you masking sensitive data and create datasets and data models representative of your problem:

Hi @Anurag,

Can you work with the data I originally provided? This is pretty much the exact same as the original file, only not as large. The way I have incremental refresh set up on this file is the same as I have on the original.

https://forum.enterprisedna.co/uploads/short-url/8DAuxqH9AgbCMU6mi66Uv86Xlhw.pbix

Hi @Nurry90! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now. We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum.

However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!