Query Dataset, Power Automate and Excel

Hi everyone,
I hope someone have done this one before and can share their knowledge. :slight_smile:
I am trying to Run a Query against a Dataset and then Add those rows to Excel Online. Does anybody have a flow they could share?

I have an existing Excel table online on Sharepoint. And I want to populate that table with Power bi data. I already tried these steps: Recurrence trigger → Run a query against a dataset ->Add A row into a Table and used this expression: item()?[‘XXXXXXX[xxxxxx]’]

Thank you very much.

Hi @Jetuke_ES,

We aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic

• Provide as much context to a question as possible.

• Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

Hi @Jetuke_ES, we noticed that you have not responded to our request above. We are waiting for the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Have you tried “Analyze in Excel” option instead. You can set up a Power Automate flow to refresh this Excel file and append the data from the refreshed table of this Excel file to a master Excel file.

that might be a good idea! i will definitely try that :slight_smile: I used Office script to delete the data on a Sunday and then i need to add just new data into the excel. For the option you mention, i wouldnt need to query power bi?

thank you!

You can connect to Power BI datasets in Excel by starting in the Power BI service or in Excel for the web or the Excel desktop app. You will be querying Power BI Service using Connect to Power BI Dataset connector.

1 Like

Think i’ll need to find another way as i need it in a table, not pivotTable. I’m trying to make it “normal” table look in pivot but no success completely yet. Thank you so much for your help! i just wonder if maybe you have parsed json to get the data?

Many thanks.

Can you post an image of the sample Pivot Table look you currently have and the normal Table look you are going for?

Hello @Jetuke_ES it’s been a while since we got a response from you.

Just following up on the information the experts requested above so they can help you further.

Please be reminded that In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Jetuke_ES, due to inactivity, we’ll be marking this post as solved.

Should you wish to reopen this thread, kindly provide the PBIX file the experts requested above so other users can help you further.