Problem with metric YoY

This is the same metric. I want to show what the value of -0.68% in the waterfall chart shows, unfortunately the sum in the chart does not give the value -0.68%.
I would like the -0.68% value to be broken down into an assortment

YoY.pbix (95.0 KB)

Hi @Harris,

The total is the correct sum of all parts and there doesn’t seem to be a way to controll that Total bar in a Waterfall chart… Think you might have to look for an acceptable alternative

If a Bar chart is an option, you may find this topic intresting.

I hope this is helpful

However, I need this value -0.68% to break across the assortment. This is probably the so-called contribution measure. I am attaching a picture of what I mean

1 Like

Hi @Harris! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now. We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!

@Harris here is I think what you are looking for in a YoY formula for that:

YoY Contribution =
VAR actual = [YoY]
VAR actual_all =
CALCULATE ( [YoY], REMOVEFILTERS ( Assortemnt[NameAssortment] ) )
VAR assortmentsum_all =
CALCULATE (
SUMX ( VALUES ( Assortemnt[NameAssortment] ), CALCULATE ( [YoY] ) ),
REMOVEFILTERS ( Assortemnt[NameAssortment] )
)
RETURN
SWITCH (
TRUE (),
ISINSCOPE ( Assortemnt[NameAssortment] ), DIVIDE ( actual, assortmentsum_all ) * actual_all,
actual
)

1 Like

@datazoe this metric is counting wrong. Sales in the marked area were higher compared to last year, so the yoy contribution should be positive. I also noticed that your metric is weighted according to the change in% of sales and should be weighted according to the change in value of sales

1 Like