Primary & Foreign Keys – Query Editor

Hello:

My question has to do with the process flow for initially assigning the primary and foreign keys. I feel very comfortable how to create indexes and use power query to set up course work scenarios but when you approach a data warehouse situation, is the assigning and maintenance of these keys with the Power BI developer ( me ask data warehouse to implement them) or is it proper to ask that part to be dome further upstream?
Apologies for the run-on sentence!

I was thinking the initial keys would be on my end but could use some input on how to approach in the beginning.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

How to govern that would depend on your organization… Microsoft is making a series on the Power BI adoption framework. You can find that here:

The 3rd video is about key roles and this might give some insight.

I hope this is helpful

Hi @Whitewater100, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since December 30, 2019. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hello:

I’m sorry, I was not sure what to do after I thanked Melissa. I believe the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Bill