Price Mix Volume analysis

Any chance of developing a comprehensive scenario were sales increase/decrease is shown by - Price Mix & Volume contribution of this year vs last year (or this year vs. budget).
ideally it would also factor in “New Products” (products not sold in last year) & discontinued products (products not sold in this year).

Thanks,
Enayat.
below is a sample in Excel from Dr. Julie Bonner (coeurbridge.com)
this sample does not have the “New Products” or “Discontiuned Products”

https://www.coeurbridge.com/download/price-volume-mix-template-utility-example/

Yes, this is possible to accomplish. Will need more details in order to answer your question. I would suggest trying to start this on your own, then if you run into an issue provide us with the PBIX file and a detailed question of what you need answered. Sam has done many video’s on budgeting, comparing actuals to budget, etc…

Thanks
Jarrett

Enterprise%20DNA%20Expert%20-%20Small

Ping @sam.mckay
Just a general question. Is the above request something that is in the pipeline of content ideas for Enterprise DNA?

These types of variance analysis are good tools to explain the causes of deviations. They are typically used in all types of industries. what’s your thoughts of PVM analysis @BrianJ who has worked as a analyst before coming a manager?

Btw, perhaps the topic was misunderstood? I did not perceive it as asking for help on a particular problem, but rather as added content to the other great content for paying members here on the https://portal.enterprisedna.co/

Here is the one we use at the company I work for just as an example (with old example data)

@sam.mckay : Hi Sam, Enterprise DNA Member here !
Could you please add Price Volume Mix (PVM) Analysis to the course content. A Dynamic PVM Visualisation by Customer, Product etc. across time periods.
Dataset - normal sales data containing Revenue, Quantity, Price, Profits etc.
Thank you in advance !

hi there

you might want to start a new topic as this string is already solved. You will get better results if you start a new topic. Its common practice
Most people don’t look already solved strings.
Thanks
Keith