PowerBI Desktop July 2021 Released

Yep, July 2021 version has been released, once the official blog post is posted, will add link below.

2 Likes

@marcster_uk ,

What’s in the box, man??? Is it a puppy, or just more socks (we’ve been getting a lot of socks lately…)

• Brian
1 Like

:socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks:

Perhaps…

From what I can tell, very little.
Not had a chance to have a deep dive though… have you found something new? (before the official blog post is released)…

1 Like

@marcster_uk ,

Just two things that jump out to me:

1. Power Platform section on the Insert Menu

1. Mysterious Power BI Infrastructure update in Preview Options. No explanation available yet, even when you click on “Learn More”

I have high hopes for #2, since it smells a lot like the “metadata update” that preceded the introduction of the External Tools menu.

• Brian

@BrianJ

Definitely not the ability to set axis intervals. Which by the way should have been shipped with the first ever release of the product!

1 Like

Power BI Update - July 2021 - YouTube

1 Like

Not even socks…fruitcake. :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed. We’ll just keep hoping for good stuff in next release…

And here is the official blog post…

Power BI July 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

I think the best thing is that the new model view (which I like…) is now GA, so it will stop asking me if I want to update my model view every time I open a file.

2 Likes

Here is what is in the release roadmap…

Some nice additional conditional formatting options buried in this release:

1 Like

:sunglasses: Could this be upgraded to socks @BrianJ or is it still fruit cake? :birthday:

I withdraw my overly hasty fruitcake rating, and upgrade it to “box o’ socks”.

• Brian
1 Like

Wise decision!

Another little update to mention - designers can now easily see that the Bookmarks, Sync Slicers, and Selection panes can be collapsed. (Previously this was a something you had to learn by hearing about it or seeing it done in a webinar.)

Now the collapse arrow is visible :slight_smile: Great for new designers.

2 Likes