PowerBI Desktop August 2021 Released

Yep, August 2021 version has been released, once the official blog post is posted, will add link below.
Not had the chance to delve into any changes/updates as yet…

3 Likes

Will it be :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: :socks: or will it be :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

1 Like

:socks: :socks: :socks: I reckon…

1 Like

OK, here is one update: Enhanced experience for browsing visuals | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

1 Like

Fancy :socks: :socks:

But check this intriguing little mystery box out…

I have the feeling something good is inside that box. The last time something like that showed up, it was the metadata update which led to the External Tools update, perhaps the second greatest update of all time (after the one that added variables).

1 Like

Even more intriguing, is that I do not see that option in my version (2.96.701.0 64-bit).
Maybe only previewing for the US?..

1 Like

@BrianJ knows people…he’s connected

OK @BrianJ , found some info: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-july-2021-feature-summary/ scroll down to Power BI Desktop Installer Changes & WebView2.

“(which means we’ll be able to spend more time developing new features!).”

1 Like

@marcster_uk ,

Super weird, since I seem to be on the same version as you…

2 Likes

Yep, depends if you have WebView2 installed or not.

And here is the official bog post : Power BI August 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Customize shape formatting
New way of expressing Date and Time values
Others…

@marcster_uk ,

As always, thanks for the timely updates. I rate this month’s update present “Cool Set of Legos”.

The custom shape formatting is nice for UI/UX design, and I REALLY like what they’re doing with the upgrades recently to the constant lines - that used to require a lot of very kludgy workarounds. Also need to investigate the REST API access more, but people who understand that one better than I do are very excited about that capability.

:clap: :clap: to Microsoft on this one IMO.

• Brian

This hits me square in the Middle School nostalgia, when the coolest thing you could have was a pair of Adidas Superstars…

1 Like

update version as of August 25

Keith

1 Like