Power Query- Transforming

Hello Everyone,

I have a Query question. I have a location rollup column that semi-groups specific locations (Location Tab) into a region (Location Rollup Tab). When my data comes in with the specific location, I want it to replace it with the Rollup location. Hope that doesn’t sound too complicated. This is not necessarily a merge but more like a replacement/ bordering Vlookup. I’ve been exploring solutions, like “replace values’” under the transform tab. Please let me know if you have any experience with this, need further details or have any suggestions.

I am attaching a screen shot, but cant forward the model due to the sensitivity of the information.

Thank you,

Kent

Two questions for you:
Are you looking for an exact text match replacement?
Is there a specific reason you do not want to perform a Merge?

Yeah it has to be an exact match. You think I should just merge? I thought merge was just adding two things together, like a first and last name.

Thanks for the quick reply. And no you can do it without a merge.

Have you had a chance to look at this video

And/or this chapter in the Applied Problem Solving with Power Query/M course

Excellent! I will check it out. Thanks

1 Like

Great video. Thanks Melissa. I will attempt and let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi @darwinwright, did the response provided by @Melissa help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @darwinwright, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

1 Like