Power Query - create table

Maybe a simple question, maybe not. I have a heavy query (Query1) in Power Query (in Power BI) from where I want to store the dataset into a static table. I will later use this dataset/table (from Query1) as a source for a number of other queries with no need to process Query1 again. I may be wrong but when I use Query1 as a reference I experience that all steps are processed again. For the moment I export the dataset from a Table-object based on Query1 to a .csv-file and then use the file as a Source in Power Query.
All in all I want to replace the manually created csv-file with a static table created I Power Query (for Power BI)

Thanks in advance

Hi @robsmi,

Here’s a thought, store your Query1 in a dataflow. if it’s static just refresh once no need to set up a refresh schedule. Connect to that dataflow and you’re good to go.

I hope this is helpful.

1 Like

@Melissa :+1: Simplest solutions are often the best!

Hi @robsmi

I’m still at the bottom of the knowledge food chain with data flows,

But how I manage this usually is to put the power query logic for the static table in an excel workbook and upload the result table to power BI from that workbook.

If you have SQL server skills you could also rework the query in TSQL and source from there.

Pete

Thank you for a quick answer. Unfortunately it wasn’t that easy. There are some heavy calculations within the query (Query 1) that requires a premium per user license. If possible, can you think of any other solution? Is it possible to export to a file direct from Power Query?

Hi @robsmi

Due to inactivity, we’d like to conclude that your inquiry was out of the experts’ and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!