Power BI Service Administration

Hello,

I have looked around on the EDNA platform for this, but could not find anything. Are there courses/trainings/materials for managing the Power BI Online Service backend? My Development/IT Teams currently manage this aspect of PBI, but it’s very new to them so they are not able to manage to the level I need them to at this time. I was hoping to find material for me to learn to be able to help them.

Thank you!
Daniel

Hello!

This is a broad topic. First advice, follow Matthew Roche, as well as the Power BI
Customer Advisory Team, Melissa Coates, and Chris Wagner. The folks tied to EnterpriseDNA as an organization would fit in that bucket, however you would need to inquire who offers the level of consulting necessary.

Without favoring one over the another, one could say there are a handful across
the globe that would meet your needs. Short answer, “It Depends”.

A few just off the top of my head:

To help your journey, take a peek at the Power BI adoption roadmap
that was updated in February 2023. This is best practice.

The URL: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/powerbi-adoption-roadmap-overview

“The goal of this series of articles is to provide a roadmap. The roadmap presents a series of strategic and tactical considerations and action items that directly lead to successful Power BI adoption and help build a data culture in your organization.”

Within the same group of articles is Power BI implementation planning
URL: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/powerbi-implementation-planning-introduction

These are the Subject areas covered:

When you implement Power BI, there are many subject areas to consider. The following subject areas form part of the Power BI implementation planning series:

BI strategy
User needs and opportunities
Authoring tools and user machines
Tenant setup
Subscriptions, licenses, and trials
Roles and responsibilities
Power BI service oversight
Workspaces
Data management
Content distribution and sharing
Change management and deployment
Security
Information protection and data loss prevention
Power BI Premium
Gateways
Integration with other services
Auditing and monitoring
Adoption tracking
Scaling and growing

Hello @daniel.new

Did the responses above help solve your query?

If not, can you let us know where you’re stuck and what additional assistance you need?

If it did, please mark the answer as the SOLUTION by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then tick the check box beside SOLUTION

Thank you

Thank you. This is very helpful and gives me a direction forward!