Power BI Report Server and OAuth Connections

We recently moved to utilizing Multi-Factor Authentication for just about everything and my Personal Gateway only works when I go through all the MFAs and also log into our VPN. I brought the issue to our data team who suggested using their gateway on Power BI service, but the auto refresh won’t work with datasets that have OAuth connections (like Salesforce and Smartsheet) or connections to a local file or a file on a shared drive . We are currently investigating Power BI Report Server which works for the local/shared drive files but it won’t work with any OAuth connections. Ideas?

I should mention that the issue is with reports that have BOTH SQL server data as well as sources that use OAuth and/or local files.

Hi @Jewelsdpu, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.

• Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
  • When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.

• Use the proper category that best describes your topic
  • Provide as much context to a question as possible.
  • Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.

Hi @Jewelsdpu! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!