Power BI report loading slowly in web browser

Hi,
I have a report that is working fine for me, in Power BI Desktop as well as in the web-browser. A customer who opens the same report in his office in the web browser experiences painfully slow loading. When opening a report page, opening a dropdown slicer, etc. he always has to wait much longer than me.
We both open the same report from the same Microsoft data center, both at different locations in Germany. His internet connection should not be the bottleneck and video conferencing experience shows that the internet actually works well. So what could be the reason and, more import, how could the speed be improved at his side?
His hardware? I actually have very decent hardware for Power BI, but how much does this impact performance in the web browser? All the xVelocity calculations are done on the cloud-server (no Power BI Premium license) anyway and they work well.
His web browser? Should I give him a specific recommendation or is there a browser known to be slow with Power BI?
Is there a different quality of service for different user/Microsoft customers? My customer is a small company with a small two-digit number of Pro licenses.
Your thoughts are welcome!
Best regards,
Martin

@Martin,

When you say web browser, do you mean the Power BI Service(app.powerbi.com), or the Publish to Web Link? Which web browser is he using? Are you both using the same web browser? There are a bunch of different possibilities. The Power BI license that you have does not have any effect on how fast or slow the web experience is.

Thanks
Jarrett

@Martin I know IE is very slow, you should use Chrome or the new Edge. Another thing to check is the usage report, it has some details on performance of the reports for specific users.

Hi Jarrett,
yes, it’s with his login at app.powerbi.com
I’ll check with him what browser he is using.
Is there anything else that is likely to slow down Power BI in the browser?
BR
Martin

@Martin,

If it his login at app.powerbi.com, I don’t think it has anything to do with that website. More than likely it is a browser or internet issue.

Thanks
Jarrett

Hi @Martin, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

The customer tried at a different workplace and is happy now. Thank you for sharing your ideas!