Power BI public alternative to Tableau public

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a school project and I would like to use Power BI to create my report. From what I’ve seen, Tableau has an option where anyone can publish a report for public consumption, see here: https://public.tableau.com/app/discover/viz-of-the-day

What’s nice is that you can see what other reports an individual has published.

Is there an alternative to Power BI? I’d like to create my Power BI report and have it accessible by anyone on the web. Hopefully this can be done for free.

Thank you for any advice!

@EverythingZen

1 Like

Thank you! Will having a free Power BI account allow me to share with the public via publish to web or do I need a Pro or Premium license?

Hi @EverythingZen , you may publish your report in web as long as your data is safe to publish online. Please see below links for some useful tips :slight_smile:

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

STOP publishing your Power BI report until you do these 5 things!

What you NEED to know about Publish to Web in Power BI

1 Like

Hi @EverythingZen, did the response provided by Antriksh and @ronald_balza help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for checking in and yes, this is what I need. My only concern is that if I create a Power BI account using a gmail address as opposed to a work or school email that I may not be able to publish to web. I have Power BI access through my school account but they have blocked the ability to publish to web so I’ll have to try signing up with my personal email and see how far I get.

In my experience power bi doesn’t allow gmail(personal email address) Need to have business email address.