Power BI Pro - invite to out of company people

Dear all,
I upgraded to the 60 days trial of Power BI Pro.

I have an outlook email account and been given an onmicrosoft.com user in power BI (using an office 365 E5 trial subscription).

I published a small report and tried to share with some friends.

The system did let me prepare the invitation email and also give me the message sent but never been received (i also tried to use another of mine email and same happen)

Could please help me?

Thanks
Luca

Hi Luca,

You first need to invite the external guest users to your AAD B2B and they have to accept, then make sure they have a Pro license assigned, either from their home tenant or from you (could work with a trial license in their home tenant), then they can be invited to your report.

Alternative is using puplish to web. But then it’s actually public. Not recommended for sensitive data.

Cheers
Martin

1 Like

Hi @LucaB72, did the response provided by @Martin help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @LucaB72, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 9th of February. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!