Power BI office groups

Hello,

I have set up security for levels A and B. Level A has access to limited things within their department of the building, whereas level B has access to everything within the building that they are addressed to. I have an office group for level A which contains both Level A and Level B user. And, I have a separate office group for Level B. I have given them separate types of limitations and have tested out for Level B and its worked perfectly. However, once I implemented Level A’s roles, it started to work for Level A, but stopped working for Level B. Level B now seems to have access to everything. Is there any possible way I can stop that from happening? Please let me know.

I have a feeling that you and I went the rounds of this type of question before, with another project (related to schools), so rather than pointing you to that post, I thought I’d point to another post currently in the forum:

Hello Heather,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for responding. This is not exactly a similar situation. It more of an office 365 group issue that I’m facing due to duplicate groups. I kind of got it figured out soon after this email. I was tryin to see if there is a way power bi could give access to the higher hierarchy level if the person is listed in more than a few office groups.

ah, my apologies, I have not been able to work with Office365 groups (our system is not so layered), so I was not aware that the solution for the group would need to be different from any other RLS solutions.

Hopefully someone on a more sophisticated environment will be able to step in to help you get the rest of the way :slight_smile:

did you try to send a message to Microsoft about it? or go to Microsoft community group and post something there?

Thanks for posting your question @supergallagher25. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @supergallagher25, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 20th of October. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi @supergallagher25, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!

Hello,

I’m sorry I was away. I had some family issues going on. I was able to resolve it by fixing a relationship.