Power BI May 2022 Released

Yes, the May 2022 version of Power BI Desktop has been released.
Version: 2.105.664.0

Under Preview Features is ‘Field Parameters’ and in Report settings, under ‘Format pane’, is 'Expand all subcategories by default when you open a category… will post a further update when I find out what else has been updated/included in this version… along with a link to official Microsoft release blog post :wink:

1 Like

I’m really liking the Field Parameters update already, going to use this in a report I’m creating this week. Excellent timing!

Indeed, I have been playing around with Field Parameter and useful feature.
Also, Sundance and Charticulator visuals seem to have some nice improvements too :wink:

1 Like

Not played around with sundance yet. Charticulator has been needing some tweaks.

I am having trouble with the field parameter giving me blank rows that include an overall count. Have you run into this?

1 Like

Hi @hastewar22

I haven’t come across this yet, perhaps if you create a new thread and share your PBIX, or an example PBIX someone can take a look.

DJ

While most of the focus on this update seems to be on the field parameter feature, I freakin’ love that little zoom slider on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Will make working with all the fussy little button/image/shape combos in the viz phase SO much easier.

• Brian
1 Like

That is also a very nice addition, as are the updates to the formatting pane functionality

1 Like

Was hoping to be able to have a play around with this:

Which has a preview date of May 2022.

1 Like

Ok, this has been released:

2 Likes

This feature released this week is brilliant. I had a play with it yesterday and you are able to embed dashboards into PowerPoint slides with visual interactivity with slicers within the pptx file. Would encourage all users to explore it.

Here is a great video which breaks down how to use it.

Embed/ Add LIVE Power BI reports in PowerPoint (free solution) - YouTube

Hope this helps

Aaron

1 Like