Power BI file takes long time to load/refresh

Hi, my company is currently using a file that is loading more than 20 Excel files in for our Power BI and was wondering if there are any methods to streamline the loading as the file takes a couple of minutes to load and around 20 minutes to refresh, appreciate if you have any tips to share, thanks.

@willis.lim ,

Welcome to the forum - great to have you here!

I am just starting to delve into the topic of optimizing Power Query, but here are some suggestions/resources I’ve been reviewing that may be helpful:

I am also learning how to use the PQ performance diagnostics. Here are a few videos I’ve found helpful on that topic:

There are folks here who know far more about this topic than I do and I’m hoping they’ll chime in, but hopefully this gives you a useful place to start.

• Brian

Hi @willis.lim, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

Hi @willis.lim, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since July 17th. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @willis.lim, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.